Saturday, March 21, 2009

3/21/09 Saturdays and Sundays











I love the feeling of Sunday. Saturday is sometimes just too noisy and too busy for this "hermit." Perhaps that is why when I worked a regulation job, I always requested days off on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. Today was a Saturday. It was spent planting more seeds, and having a great time playing with our 7-month old Grandson. He rode on Grandpop's shoulders for the first time this evening, and bounced up and down with glee, holding onto my hair. We became fast friends and buddies today!

The day started out on a dubious note though, when I read the first email from Per, which is as follows:

Weather is no good today as seen on pictures. Did not find anything interesting here but still searching. My vessel from Stamsund back home on 04042009, is having prop damage, and is waiting for new parts. So I dont know what to do! Vessel company is trying to find a replacement. I have to drive or send my vehicle by an earlier or later vessel, and book a flight or something for my self. I feel sorry for Tone since I promised to be back home again for us to celebrate easter. Time will tell, and hopefully vessel parts will arrive?

Per

The best laid plans, often go asunder! After answering Per in the most positive way that I could, the rest of the morning, and early afternoon was spent in a kind of funk. I truly hate having my friend in a pickle, and not being able to be with him. I've got confidence in Per's ability, and tried to tell myself that everything will be fine. Later in the morning, I received the following:

Hi TOM
Only one float that was interesting from searching thru 2 sacks filled with glass floats from my stop. NOT very special, but a one dott mark.
Per

While a one-dot is nothing like yesterday's find, being able to excitedly pour through 2 sacks of glass floats, looking for a prize, did not seem like a bad way to spend time to this collector! Perhaps after finding such a rare float on Friday, everything would seem anticlimatic, but time and timing have a way of eqalizing things out.

I find that after 3 days of a trip, or a vacation, that a feeling of relaxation and being in the moment, take over my normal state of energy. As this expedition unfolds, there will be other moments, other climaxes that will fill Per with wonder.

At least that is what I was telling myself, and have tried to impart to anyone who will listen to me when I philosophize about each spirit's personal timing. Everything has a timing, which cannot be rushed. One must realize and be comfortable within their own timing in order to merge with the timing of the macrocosm.

After a few hours of trying to think positively, and sending good thoughts in Per's direction, I went inside for a late lunch. After lunch, I went to the computer to check for emails and new floats. Waiting for me was this email:

Hello Tom,
I have to do a re-booking tonight. Will not leave the vessel for one day in Tromso. Will stay on the same vessel to destination in the North. Fishing history guy is not at home...and he is not selling floats, so it doesn't matter at all.

Now, there will be more time spent in the North. That's my plan, and I believe there will be great finds! Everything is great, and the nature and sea, buildings etc. are gorgeous.Weather are better too, no mist or rain.
Take care,
Per

Ahhh...Much better. My friend is much better. And Per wasn't finished yet. After dinner, there was one last email:
Good evening Tom,
Will arrive at a new stop tomorrow morning ( Sunday). No antique stores are open on Sundays, so I have to take a day off. I don't have any fishermen to visit in this time, and time is to0 short for new appointments.
Cheers,
Per

Per is a guy with personal strength, vision, and a good "3-day" attitude.
To everyone out there, enjoy tomorrow. Have to love that "Sunday Feeling."

The photos, except for the cross, are from Per's journey today. The cross was found yesterday, with Per's title: "Someone is looking out for me!"
If you wish to see the photos in a larger format, just click on them.